In order to take full advantage of the audio and video capabilities of the genealogyDOTcoach application you will need a microphone, speakers and a webcam. We suggest you check the following to make sure you can communicate clearly with your coach:
1. Watch the videos on this page about how to log in. You will need to click “ok” to install the browser plugin and to share your microphone, speaker, and screen.
2. At this time, the genealogyDOTcoach application runs exclusively on Firefox and Chrome browsers. You can download these free browsers at https://www.google.com/chrome/browser and https://www.mozilla.org/firefox.
3. Check http://speedtest.net to make sure your internet connection is fast enough to get good video transmission. We suggest internet speeds of at least 5 mbps upload and 30 mbps download.
4. Go to https://webcammictest.com/check-microphone.html to test your microphone in advance
5. Go to https://webcammictest.com/ to test your webcam to make sure it is working.
6. Troubleshooting any webcam or microphone issues will depend on your computer setup. genealogyDOTcoach does not provide support for troubleshooting hardware issues. If you are having trouble, we would suggest a google search for the brand name on your equipment. Headphones are useful to make sure you can clearly hear your genealogy coach. We recommend purchasing these inexpensive headphones at Amazon.com.
7. We strongly encourage you to book a complimentary 15 minute tech support session with our Tech Support team before you meet with your first coach.
For your first session, we suggest booking an appointment that is 30 minutes or more so that you have plenty of time to get the help you need.