Terms and Conditions
We ask that all coaches and clients review the terms of service outlined below. By participating in this service as either a coach or client, you agree to these terms of service. genealogyDOTcoach reserves the right to make changes to these terms at any time.
- genealogyDOTcoach is a service that connects professional genealogists with clients for 15, 30 or 60 minutes coaching sessions. These sessions will be conducted over the internet using a web-based software program that accesses your web cam, microphone, and speakers. This program also activates desktop sharing between the coach and the client.
- All sessions will be recorded for quality control, training, and marketing purposes.
· Scheduling a Coaching Session:
- genealogyDOTcoach is a listing service of professional genealogists with specialties in various areas of the family history research and preservation field. Each coach has a public profile with biographical information and ratings/feedback from previous clients. Each coach sets their own schedule and pricing. Select the coach that you want to work with based on your genealogy needs.
- You are signing up for a coaching session with a genealogy coach. You are paying for their expertise. There is no guarantee that they will be able to solve your genealogy problem.
- When booking your session, provide as much detailed information about your specific genealogy question or problem as you can in the space provided.
- Your genealogy coach will receive your request for an appointment. They will review your query and either accept or decline the appointment request. If they decline the request, they may suggest another coach who might be able to provide better assistance.
- Once a coach has accepted your appointment request you will receive an acceptance email with a link to upload any documents, photos, or other information you feel would be useful to the coach to have before your session so they are prepared for your coaching session.
- All sessions must be paid for at the time of scheduling. All major credit cards are accepted. Any sessions not paid for will be automatically cancelled.
· Attending a Coaching Session:
- Thirty minutes before your session start time you will receive an email with a link to log in to your private webcam/chat room. If you have never used our service before, click the link, login to your session and make sure that your system/browser are compatible with our service.
- Minimize any external noise before your session begins (i.e. barking dogs, crying children, loud fans, etc.). Also, make sure that you have all materials, website logins and other information you might need for your session, open and accessible.
- Click the link at the start of your session time. It is possible that your coach will have another session scheduled with a client immediately following your session so it is important that you begin and end on time. Sessions will only run for the scheduled time. The video and audio will automatically cut off at the end of your session time. When the five minute countdown begins flashing at the bottom of your video screen, please wrap up your conversation so that you do not get cut off in the middle of a sentence.
- If you do not show up for your coaching session, there will be no money refunded.
· Canceling a Coaching Session:
- You may cancel your appointment up to 48 hours ahead of time to receive a full refund. If you cancel within 48 hours or your appointment, there will be no money refunded.
- If your coach cancels your appointment for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
- To apply for a refund, please fill out the CONTACT form (https://genealogy.coach/contact-us/) using the same email address you used to book your coaching session. Include details in your message about why you are requesting a refund. Allow up to 20 days for your refund to be processed.
· After a Coaching Session:
- Please return to the page of your genealogy coach to leave a review.
- Schedule a follow up session with your coach as necessary.
- If, for any reason, you feel that you did not receive the service you paid for, please fill out the CONTACT form (https://genealogy.coach/contact-us/) within 72 hours of your session using the same email address you used to book your coaching session. Provide the coaches name, the date and time of your session and your specific complaint. genealogyDOTcoach will review your session recording and respond to your complaint within 20 days.
· Applying to Be a Coach:
- genealogyDOTcoach is currently accepting applications for anyone who wants to participate in the service. Accepted applicants will be notified via email if their application has been approved. New coaches will be added to the service in batches of 25 as client needs demand.
- If your application is not immediately approved, applications will be held on file indefinitely. When genealogyDOTcoach is prepared to add an additional 25 coaches to the service, you will be contacted to see if you are still interested in participating.
- Coaches will be provided training by genealogyDOTcoach staff on how to use the scheduling platform and the web cam/chat room platform before their profile is activated.
- Coaches are NOT employees of genealogyDOTcoach. They will be required to provide a completed W9 before their profile is activated.
· Maintaining Your Coach Profile:
- Coaches are responsible for keeping their schedules up to date and accurate.
- Coaches are responsible for keeping their coach profile up to date and accurate.
- Coaches are responsible for setting their own hourly rate.
- Coaches are responsible for monitoring their own client reviews.
· Accepting/Rejecting a Coaching Session:
- You will receive appointment requests via text and email. You are expected to respond to these appointment requests as quickly as possible.
· Hosting a Coaching Session:
- Prior to each coaching session start time you will receive an email with a link to a private webcam/chat room. Minimize any external noise before clicking the link (i.e. barking dogs, crying children, loud fans, etc.). Also, make sure that you have all materials, website logins and other information you might need for your session, open and accessible.
- Click the link at the start of your session time. It is important that you begin and end on time. Sessions will only run for the scheduled time. The video and audio will automatically cut off at the end of your session time. When the five minute countdown begins flashing at the bottom of your video screen, please wrap up your conversation so that you do not get cut off in the middle of a sentence.
- Copyright of any materials shared during coaching sessions remains with the copyright holder.
- Follow the terms of service of any websites that you use to assist your client.
- If you do not show up for a coaching session, you will be placed on probation. If you miss additional appointments without notice, you will no longer be able to participate in the genealogyDOTcoach service. Extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.
· Rescheduling or Cancelling a Coaching Session:
- Cancellations of appointments should be under extreme circumstances only. Habitual cancellation of appointments will receive a probationary warning. Following a warning, the coach will be removed from the system.
· After a Coaching Session:
- You will receive an email that allows you to follow up with the client to request a review, provide any promised follow up information, and/or invite them to schedule another coaching session with you.
· Payment for Coaching Sessions:
- genealogyDOTcoach will pay coaches by check, on the 10th of each month for the previous month. Coaches will receive 80% of the billable rate for all completed coaching sessions. The remaining 20% of the billable rate for all completed coaching sessions will remain with the service and be used to pay for credit card processing fees, company overhead and marketing efforts.
- Coaches will be charged $125 (non-refundable) per quarter to maintain their listing as a genealogy coach. This money will be due on 20 Mar, 20 Jun, 20 Sep, and 20 Dec for the following quarter. Any coach who chooses not to pay the listing fee will be removed from the genealogyDOTcoach service. genealogyDOTcoach may choose to waive this fee for certain promotions.
- Participation in genealogyDOTcoach is at will. Coaches are not considered employees of genealogyDOTcoach.