Blaine T. Bettinger
The Genetic Genealogist
Blaine Bettinger, literally, wrote the book (two of them, actually) about genetic genealogy and using DNA to make family history discoveries. So, if you want a personal, guided tour through your DNA results, he’s your guy.
He can help you explore your results from any of the major personal genomics companies – AncestryDNA, 23AndMe, FamilyTreeDNA, MyHeritage DNA, or LivingDNA. He can teach you how to use tools like GedMatch or DNAPainter. He can also help you get started building a family tree so that you can make the most out of your DNA results.
- In a 15 minute genealogy coaching session, Blaine can give you a quick, navigational tour of your results including your ethnicity and match list.
- In a 15 minute genealogy coaching session, Blaine can answer questions you may have about why your results came out the way they did and how you can use them to make more discoveries.
- In a 15 minute genealogy coaching session, Blaine can help you develop a family DNA testing plan so you can determine who in your extended family you need to test in order to make specific discoveries or break through a certain genealogy brick wall.
- In a 30 minute genealogy coaching session, Blaine can help you start a family tree and then show you how that will help you make the most out of your DNA results.
- In a 60 minute genealogy coaching session, Blaine can give you a personalized course in how to make a McGuire Chart, how to do chromosome painting, or help you work out how you are related to a particular DNA match.
How much time do you think you’ll need? Click the BIG RED BUTTON to book an appointment with Blaine!
Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., has been a genetic genealogist since 2003. In 2007 he started The Genetic Genealogist (www.thegeneticgenealogist.com), one of the earliest blogs on the topic. Blaine is the author of the books “Genetic Genealogy in Practice” (with Debbie Parker Wayne) and “The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy.”
Blaine frequently authors articles and gives presentations to educate others about the use of DNA to explore their ancestry. He has been an instructor for genetic genealogy courses at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research, and Family Tree University. Blaine is an alumnus of ProGen Study Group 21, and is a member of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society’s Board of Trustees.
Read reviews from previous coaching clients below.